Thursday, October 27, 2011

And the days go by...

The last time I wrote on this blog, I was in the midst of Indian Ocean, palm trees, papaya for breakfast, a wonderfully lax mentality, and few worries. It hurts me to even think of it... I have since been in Chile and the U.S., not so bad off at all, but much time has passed, and many a tear have been shed.

Since my last posting, I survived the world's 5th strongest earthquake at the time (stood in an empty bathroom doorway in Santiago on the 11th floor at 4am, alone, and literally said goodbye to the world as the ceiling plaster fell upon my head, and the walls swayed like a falling card castle). My last "dying" thought, besides how to hold my body as to feel the least pain upon collapse, was "Why am I alone?" More figuratively than literally.

I have begun jobs and ended jobs, of my own fault. I have loved, and denied love, and loved again... too many times. I have betrayed those I love most, and ignored those who most need loving. I have hated myself. I have had magic happen, and I have blown out the flames of my own accord.

It hurts in the depths of my throat to even think of where I was when I left this blog off. I have been mourning the loss of a dream come true... not sure if it was the location or the feeling, but my gut tells me it was both. So now, the Leah who is 28, moving toward her first holiday season in the U.S. since god knows how long, is happy and sad, eternally incomplete... just needing an outlet, and blogging again will perhaps give me that.

So here we go again... Life Winks take 2, action.

No comments: