Saturday, May 31, 2008

Leah starts blogging, take 2!


A few weeks ago, I realized that I really wanted to begin blogging. I was really “cised”, as my sisters used to say in the mid-90’s, and I got right to it and wrote a few entries. Well something happened that caused me to doubt the things I was writing. I became overcome with a paranoia that people who might read things I was happy about would find me boastful or full of myself. Maybe the reason this got at me so is because I struggled for a long time to find real happiness with myself. I had been sad for many years. I guess an analogy could be the people who lose all the weight, but still can’t bring themselves to put on the flattering, form-fitting clothes. That’s kind of it. I know there are people who speak positively of themselves and their lives all the time, and there are many who just do it purely… not to make others think they are great, not to make others think themselves lesser, just to wave their own flags tall and proud, because they know they are worth it. I want to be able to do that, and I know I will. And besides, I have other things to write about besides myself. So here we go again. Leah (otherwise known in blog world as Manifiesta) starts blogging, take 2! I deliberately choose to share everything I am about to share, with full knowing that I cannot – and no not want to – control how anyone views me. I have nothing to lose by being misunderstood, and so much to gain by just sharing….

No comments: