Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mice and Men


You know Mr. Jingles from The Green Mile? Umm.... let's just say that we have our own little Mr. Jingles. But he isn't as cute, and I have no intention of setting him up a mouse bed or practicing tricks with him in hopes he makes it to the mouse circus.

Our Mr. Jingles has decided to set up house under our gas burner. Yeah. How do I know this, you ask? Last night when I came home, I turned on the light and saw a small gray object move with the speed of lightning from one side of our outdoor kitchen, to under the gas stove burner. I freaked and made Francesco move it (standing from afar, with a broom-stick) and Mr. Jingles races under his feet to behind the fridge, climbs half way up the fridge wire, leaps to the top of the wall, and then leaps onto the roof. I kid you not. This IS a circus mouse, and he left us to clean up his nice little home, with all his "stuff" he left behind.


I pray Mr. Jingles does not return to his former home tonight. It has been disinfected, and there is not a crumb or turd to be found. On the other hand, he could return to find that the maid service has attended to his fine dwelling. I hope not. I do NOT like dirty mammals in my food preparation area. Grrr.

No comments: