Monday, July 28, 2008

Japanese people intrigue me.


There are so many tourists here from Japan, and I always find myself staring at them. It seems they are either pale white, carrying an umbrella to protect from the sun… or they are chocolate brown, with a beach bod and surf gear. Japanese fashion interests me also. It is so eclectic and unique. They are not afraid to express themselves and experiment with wacky stuff. I knew the day I saw “Lost in Translation” that Tokyo is a city I’d visit in this lifetime. Now I’m sure of it. There’s just something about Japanese people…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They intrigue me too... I have an elderly Japanese man for a client -Katashi Shiroishi (even the names are elegant) - and he is so interesting...and cynical...and autonomous. We really get along well as neither of us like having people in our faces ;-)

Anonymous said...

Now you know how the Balinese people feel when they see you!