Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Christmas in June


By pure necessity, I have learned some tricks in the past few years to help with my mood and well-being. This may be goofy, but this is a surefire way to boost my energy and kick up the vibration to a better place: listening to Christmas songs. I don’t care that it’s June. Yesterday I had my iTunes on shuffle, and on comes “Jingle Bell Rock” by Brenda Lee… you know that one? And I swear, I just about regressed into 12-year-old Leah, excited, hopeful, anxious, and expectant… without a care in the world. And you see, this is exactly how I ideally want to feel every minute of life. So why not play a little mental trick on myself every once in a while? Besides, nothing bad can ever come from Andy Williams’ “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”. That time of the year can be now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! I was just telling Joe last night that I'm not entirely convinced that fairies don't exist! lol. Seriously, I choose to believe in magic, I WANT to feel that possibility-of-anything feeling a "yittle" (Leo vernacular) child feels... so I look for fairies at every opportunity...

Anonymous said...

Didn't mean to be "anonymous" ;-)

Anonymous said...

I believe in Santa. Jesus was probably a real guy who walked the earth with great vision of how people should behave toward one another. But Santa rocks to a different drum. I believe!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah it's Joe. I'll be anonymous cuz I like that name :).
We love you and keep on keepin on....
Love your blog.