Sunday, June 29, 2008

Feet back on the ground.

My "real" weekend was a mess, and that's all I'm gonna say about that. It's time for me to regroup, reorganize, and do what I really gotta do. This week I'm going to start from scratch with many things, because having my head in the clouds made me neglect certain things that I really would like to maintain... my stable work situation, my health, and the secure feeling you get when you KNOW you are working toward something, and you KNOW what that thing is. I know, I'm elusive. I always have been. I just need to give myself a checkup from the neck up. As one of my favorite lines from U2 says, "If you wanna kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel." This can be taken many ways, but for me, today, it means "don't completely leave where you have been on a hunch of pure happiness." Happiness can sometimes just be an idea without the feeling, in which case, it is not. Gotta get to work, because today is really Monday, and this is really going to be a grounded week for me. I will promise myself that.

No comments: