Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Virgin Coconut Oil Update


News flash: I am an addict for life. This wonderful gift of nature has become my health/beauty secret for nearly everything. Because of its moisturizing effects, its rich lauric acid and vitamin E content, its antibacterial properties, and more, I have been able to replace so many synthetic products that weren’t even half as good as my trusty VCO. Here are just a few of the ways I am using this liquid gold:

- as a nightly facial/body moisturizer
- as a deep hair conditioning treatment (pre-wash/overnight conditioner)
- as a cuticle serum
- to heal small cuts and wounds, and prevent scarring
- to reduce the visibility of old scars
- as a dietary supplement (2-4 teaspoons a day) to aid in digestive health, boost my immune system, and give my hair, skin and nails a glow from the inside out
- as a tanning oil (since it has a light natural sunscreen, and leaves the skin supple and beautifully, evenly tanned)
- for after-sun/after shower to lock in moisture
- as massage oil for full body massages
- as a lip balm/gloss
- to tame hair fly-aways
- and so much more!
I am very particular about what I put on my skin, especially my face, but this does nothing but heal me and keep me in balance. I just can’t believe how amazing it is. I think Virgin Coconut Oil will be my fountain of youth. I am hooked! If you haven’t tried VCO, please do (make sure it’s organic, cold pressed)! Do a little research on the net. If anything, try it on your hair as a deep conditioner. You will be pleasantly rewarded, I promise. ;o) FYI: I just read in a magazine that Jennifer Aniston swears by it, and that she takes is as a supplement. Hello! She is famous for her hair and her glow!

No comments: